Stuff YOUR Rucksack For Asral NGO MongoliaApril 19, 2016
(Wild) Swimming In MongoliaFebruary 8, 2017
Podcasts About Mongolia
I love the versatility of podcasts – there’s something for every mood and moment. Lately, I’ve been drawn to podcasts related to Mongolia, which shouldn’t come as a surprise. Here are a few English-language podcasts about Mongolia that I’ve listened to recently. Plug in your headphones and let yourself be transported to the Land of the Eternal Blue Sky.
Podcasts About Mongolia: Modern Mongolia
- Is a candid podcast delving into the intricacies of Mongolia and its vibrant culture. From everyday life and societal dynamics to the diverse perspectives of its people, explore the issues shaping the country and its rich heritage, including discussions on music and art. Follow their Instagram for podcast highlights and more insights into the fascinating world of Mongolia.
Podcasts About Mongolia: Between the Hammer and the Anvil
- Russia’s invasion of Ukraine changed how global politics works. Dr. Undraa Agvaanluvsan who holds a doctorate in physics, is a former member of Mongolia’s Parliament. She recently explained her country’s challenges in coping with a changing global order.
Podcasts About Mongolia: History Of The Mongols
- This was a weekly podcast about the Mongol Empire. I particularly enjoyed Episode One (The Young Khan – Chinggis Khan from his birth through to election as Khan), Episode Two (Becoming Genghis Khan – the conflicts that finally led Chinggis Khan to be leader of the Mongols), The Mongol Queens, and Karakorum.
Podcasts About Mongolia: Palaeontology In Mongolia
- Mongolia is a vast country with fossils from almost every period in the history of life. Important specimens representing the origin of birds, the origin of mammals, many unique dinosaur species, and the first dinosaur eggs to be identified, have all been found within it’s borders. This podcast (split into two) covers the history of paleontology in Mongolia as well as the work being undertaken to prevent fossil trafficking.
Podcasts About Mongolia: Sky Burial In Mongolia
- A lot of travellers connect the practice of sky burial with Tibet but it is a practice that has also been carried out in Mongolia prior to Mongolia coming under the control of the USSR. In this podcast, a student reporter travels to Mongolia in hopes of witnessing such a sky burial.
Podcasts About Mongolia: Jargal DeFacto
- Jargal Dambadarjaa, widely recognized as Jargal DeFacto, stands as an independent economist and media figure representing Mongolia. Renowned for his astute observations in Mongolian politics and economics, he serves as a columnist and hosts several television programs, including Defacto Debate, Defacto Review, and Defacto Interview. Delve into his website, where you’ll find a treasure trove of insightful articles. While his podcasts may date back to 2019 and 2020, they continue to offer invaluable perspectives and remain a compelling listen.
Podcasts About Do You Want To Be A Responsible Tourist?
- Although not specific to Mongolia, the Alpaca My Bags podcast is Canadian Erin Hynes and her guests taking a careful look at what truly makes travel and tourism responsible. Topics covered include dark tourism, sustainable travel, voluntourism, travel privilege and what it means to travel authentically. Jess was invited to be interviewed recently for an episode covering Are Tour Groups a Responsible Way to Travel?
- It can be difficult to pin down what responsible tourism really is because there are so many factors that play into what it means to be a responsible tourist and a responsible tour operator. We talked about some of the ways that tour operators can advocate for good tourism with their groups. How they can leave a minimal impact and still give back to the places they visit – exploring the responsibility and impact that tourism operators have on the destinations that they bring groups to.⠀
Or, if listening to any of these podcasts ignites a desire to dust off your passport and explore Mongolia, why not hop over to the EL website? Discover the array of Mongolia travel experiences we offer and embark on your own unforgettable journey through the Land of the Eternal Blue Sky.
Jess @ Eternal Landscapes