Baga Gazriin Chuluu, Gun Galuut Nature Reserve and Kharkhorin
Tsonjin Bokdog, the Orkhon valley and the Gobi Oasis
Short Trips in Mongolia
If you’re looking for a different way to experience Mongolia but within the EL philosophy then consider one of four 2017 small group bike explorations.
Come and enjoy the freedom of the open road, rejuvenate your spirit of adventure and escape the pressures of the western world. We combine cycle sections with travelling by 4x4, day hikes on foot and with the option of horse treks. With the focus being on local living.
Approximately 50km per day with flat and slightly undulating sections combined with a few more challenging climbs. Variable surface conditionswill add an extra element of challenge in places but you’ll always accompanied by the tour vehicle so if you at times prefer four wheels to two, just hop on board.
We work closely with the Trek Bike Shop in Ulaanbaatar. Marlin 5 mountain bikes are provided but with the option to upgrade or bring yourown bike.
Each PDF has a more detailed introduction to ‘the logistics’ but use this for a quick overvriew:
• All trips can be booked as a private or small group experience. They can be adjusted to suit you.
• The route and distances are fluid to allow for who you may meet, the weather and the road conditions.
• Maybe you want to bike but your travel partner doesn’t? No problem. Both come along. Your travel partner will receive a ‘no biking’ discount.
• Camping? YES! It’s entirely appropriate in a country of nomads. Wild camping is really the onlyway to experience Mongolia. Each PDF has more details but yes, there’ll be opportunities for hot showers along the way. And you’ll each get your own tent at no extra cost.
• No. You don’t have to be a professional cyclist. However, you’ll enjoy it more if you’re reasonably fit and have some off-road cycling experience. Of course, for when you need four wheels instead of two you can always hop in the support vehicle - one of our beloved Russian 4x4 vans.