International Flights To Mongolia - Carbon Measurement
- Of the six airlines (2019) that currently fly into Ulaanbaatar (ULN), four are listed. This link will take you to the airlines that fly into Ulaanbaatar (ULN) – https://www.flightconnections.com/flights-to-ulaanbaatar-uln
- On the listing, A class is the most fuel efficient airline who has reduced their carbon emissions the most. * Note, none of the 200 airlines reached A band in 2018.
- The airlines in G class are the worst performing and therefore the most polluting.
- This is the 2018 index in full (link) but below are the details of the airlines flying into Ulaanbaatar (ULN).
|Airline||Overall Rank||Efficiency Class|
|Air China (via Beijing – PEK)||41/200||
|Aeroflot (via Moscow – SVO)||68/200||
|Turkish Airlines (via Istanbul – ISL)||69/200||
- MIAT (Mongolian Airlines) is not listed
- SCAT Airlines is not listed
- The domestic airlines Hunnu Air and AeroMongolia are not listed
Air travel has a massive carbon footprint. The effects of the climate emergency caused by carbon emissions threatens the landscapes and communities which we – as responsible travellers – so keenly wish to experience and contribute to.
As a tourism business – especially one working in Mongolia, a country where a majority of our guests have no option but to fly to – we have a moral responsibility to make sure the way we work is as sustainable as possible which is why we are managing our carbon footprint. Although there is a strong belief that carbon offsetting doesn’t tackle the real issue the world faces – to reduce emissions, it does make a difference and if you are interested in carbon offsetting your flight to Mongolia, here is an option to consider:
C-Level Carbon Calculator
We are working with C-Level to have a ‘balance your flight’ carbon calculator on our website. Until this is ready, use their own calculator to offset your flights. It is something that is simple and surprisingly cheap to do – https://www.clevel.co.uk/flight-carbon-calculator/
C-Level are a B Corp Certified business with the single purpose of working with individuals and businesses to achieve carbon level impact through the combined natural powers of both ecosystems and communities. They are also corporate members of 1% For The Planet, meaning they give 1% of their turnover to 1% member charities. C-Level support the only carbon project in Mongolia. The Pastures, Conservation and Climate Action Project (known also as the Mongolian Nomad Project) is managed by the Mongolian Pastureland Management Association (see below for an introduction). It’s the first project of its kind in Mongolia – restoring traditional nomadic practices to enable ecosystem recovery and carbon uptake. It is an independently verified project that takes carbon out of the earth’s atmosphere using the natural powers of local communities.
Using C-Level you can balance your flight CO2 emissions by investing in Plan Vivo Certificates – environmental service certificates, each representing the reduction or avoidance of one metric tonne of carbon dioxide. The Mongolian Nomad Project is of Plan Vivo Standard – based on ethical principles intended to deliver long-term climate, livelihoods and biodiversity benefits.
For more details get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org