Coronavirus & Mongolia
Outside of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia has only 2 people per square kilometer (2020 Census). So if you’re looking to ‘get away from it all’ once travel restrictions are lifted then maybe consider our Mongolia! Our ‘Everyone Travels Safely’ strategy makes sure that we keep everyone safe – our guests, our team and the community we work with and support.
Mongolia’s borders remain closed
- This tracker shows Mongolia’s own Covid journey and vaccination progress – https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/mongolia/?fbclid=IwAR3vBJD2RIKLa9vbr0vbOT7Z-oHrenc7bxJIrEMo1diJGYUOWDnflyNrSEU
- Mongolia is sourcing its vaccines (Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Sputnik V, Sanofi) from India, Russia, China as well as assistance from the Covax initiative.
Book With Confidence
Any questions, queries or concerns do not hesitate to get in touch with Jess on WhatsApp + 44 7810 280403. Alternatively, send an email to email@example.com
Travel Advisory For Travel To Mongolia
- At Eternal Landscapes Mongolia, we are both a Mongolian and UK registered company. As a result, we refer primarily to the UK Foreign and Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) website. As of March 18th 2020, the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office advised against all but essential travel to Mongolia, due to current travel and entry restrictions implemented by the Mongolian Government related to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are also members of The TRIP group (Travel Risk & Incident Prevention) and look to them for updates as well as those from the WHO.
The following restrictions have been put in place by the Mongolian government:
- ALL flights currently remain suspended including those from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Tokyo, Seoul, Busan, Berlin, Istanbul, Moscow and Astana.
- All international rail routes currently remain suspended.
- The closure to foreign nationals of road crossings between Mongolia and Russia.
- The closure of all borders between China and Mongolia until further notice.
Use the following (excellent) data map tracking the current outbreak of COVID-19 by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at John Hopkins University. They are tracking the COVID-19 spread in real-time on their interactive dashboard with data available for download – https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- For those requiring a visa to Mongolia, check with your closest Mongolian Embassy for the final date you can realistically apply for your Mongolian visa. Most embassies now offer a one or two-day express service with five-days typically being the maximum length of time needed for an application.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
U.S. Department Of State – Bureau of Consular Affairs – travel advice to Mongolia –https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/mongolia-travel-advisory.html?fbclid=IwAR1X0tofzwMTOcwU6h8R8htAvBP_eehAVFp0KofAgcDY5YjILF2WI8OE5Ug
US Embassy in Mongolia page for travel advice to Mongolia – https://mn.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/?fbclid=IwAR3VzNaF5KWpBudgEeQ5FBJQwpJYldgdOd_SDXgMqFKJYwZir-jgT7M4_UU